Accounting Associate (Payroll/Benefit Allocation and Deposit Reporting)
We are currently looking for a full-time (40 hours per workweek) Accounting Associate to join our Pomona Health Center.
Reporting to the chief financial officer (CFO), the Accounting Associate will be responsible for several accounting support duties related to allocation of payroll and benefits, revenue recognition and data management. The Accounting Associate will support the CFO in the goals of the finance department and will collaborate with the finance and billing teams, to insure that all financial reporting is accurate and transparent. The Accounting Associate will ensure that the Policies and Procedures of EVCHC are followed, and that they support effective program implementation and conduct flawless audits.
Essential Position Responsibilities and Functions:
- Serve as dedicated lead in allocation of all payroll costs, including benefits and proper revenue recognition of regular bank deposits.
- Manages payroll allocations, ensuring it is complete and in compliance with Clinic cost allocation plan, annual budget and applicable regulations; distributes monthly payroll allocation report and prepares and posts biweekly payroll entry.
- Insures that all employee benefits, including but not limited to health, dental, vision, and 403b, are entered on a monthly basis and allocated in accordance with the approved cost allocation plan and annual budget.
- Manages all time sheets and supporting documents for the finance department and submits to CFO for signature and HR for processing.
- Code all deposits and enter in financial reporting software to be accurately reflected on general ledger and manage all supporting documentation.
- Prepare regular twice weekly cash deposits from front desk cash.
- Manage data and source documentation for finance activity including journal entries, AP filing, cash receipts and other documents as needed.
- Manage quarterly time study request and data management.
- Provides support as needed to the Accounting Associate to process AP invoices, issue checks, process payroll or deposits as needed.
- Prepare and post any journal entries as needed including but not limited to: monthly loan transactions, American express, accrued revenue and any other as needed/directed.
- Collate financial reporting materials for government, corporate, and foundation grants, Medicare and Medical Cost Reports scheduled reporting and as needed for audits.
- Work closely with all finance and billing team members to find ways to make improvements, perform tasks in line with industry best practices and to support the goals and mission of EVCHC.
- Strengthen personal internal and external communications with staff at all levels throughout EVCHC to insure clear understanding and documentation; create and promote a positive and supportive work environment.
- Consistently reports to scheduled shifts in a timely manner; regularly works full scheduled shift.
- Works in a safe manner; keeps work area clean and clutter-free.
- Other job duties as assigned.
Position Requirements and Qualifications:
- At least 5 years in non-profit accounting experience.
- Ability to work effectively with staff and management.
- Ability to set priorities and organize work responsibilities to insure completion of assigned tasks by a given deadline with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of financial operations, applicable laws, and terminology.
- Knowledge of federal and non-federal regulations and operation policies.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a high degree of analytical ability.
- Ability to design, analyze, and prepare financial reports.
- Ability to maintain appropriate level of confidentiality.
- Familiarity with MAS 90 and Microsoft Office programs.
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
Working Conditions/Physical/Mental Abilities and Processes :
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- Work requires long periods of sitting, reaching, speaking, hearing, seeing and ability to articulate clearly, use of hands to finger, reaching with hands and arms.
- Ability to work productively in a small office space used by multiple employees.
- Ability to exercise good customer service skills on the phone and in person.
- Ability to work with personal computer for long periods of time.
- Travel to and from clinic or meeting sites within geographic service area.
- Ability to write notes, track and graph records and reports.
East Valley offers competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package that will enrich your Personal, Financial, Career, Health, and Community Well-being. Our benefits package offered to eligible employees include medical, vision, dental, life insurance, 403b plan, and paid time off (holiday, birthday, vacation, and sick leave)
How to Apply:
Please send an updated resume/cover letter with hourly pay rate expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Principals only. Recruiters, please do not contact this job posting.
EOE is the Law. It is the stated policy of EVCHC to conform to all the laws, statutes, and regulations concerning equal employment opportunities and affirmative action. We strongly encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply to all of our job openings. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, age, disability status, Genetic Information & Testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We prohibit Retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer or the government, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint or otherwise oppose discrimination.