East Valley Community Health Center is a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) serving the East San Gabriel and Pomona valleys for the past 47 years. We are a mission-driven organization providing quality and accessible health care to our communities through our multi-practice facilities and excellent healthcare professionals. Our mission is to provide access to excellent health care while engaging and empowering our patients, employees and partners to improve their well-being and the health of our communities.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO), the Accounting Clerk will be responsible for several accounting support duties related to filing and data management. The Accounting Clerk will support the CFO in the goals of the finance department and will work with finance and billing team to insure that all financial reporting is accurate and transparent. The Accounting Clerk will ensure that the Policies and Procedures of EVCHC are followed, and that they support effective program implementation and conduct flawless audits.
- Manage data and source documentation for finance activity including all journal entries, AP filing, cash receipts, payroll reports and other documents as needed.
- Manages all timesheets submitted by EVCHC staff and insures that all signatures and backup are complete.
- Prepares documents to be sent to storage and requests documents from document storage vendor as needed.
- Maintains departmental calendar and schedule.
- Keeps a record log of all the documents sent to the document storage vendors
- Prepare the Medicare Balance Report on a quarterly basis to have it signed by the CFO and faxed.
- Provides support as needed to the Chief Financial Officer on special projects or reports.
- Collate financial reporting materials for government, corporate, and foundation grants, Medicare and Medical Cost Reports scheduled reporting and as needed for audits;
- Work closely with all finance and billing team members to find ways to make improvements, perform tasks in line with industry best practices and to support the goals and mission of EVCHC.
- Strengthen personal internal and external communications with staff at all levels throughout EVCHC to insure clear understanding and documentation; create and promote a positive and supportive work environment.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- At least 1 years in non-profit accounting experience
- Ability to work well with staff and management
- Ability to set priorities and organize work responsibilities to insure completion of assigned tasks by a given deadline
- Knowledge of financial operations, laws, and terminology
- Knowledge of federal and non-federal regulations and operation policies
- Strong interpersonal skills with a high degree of analytical ability
- Ability to design, analyze, and prepare financial reports
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Familiarity with ADP, Financial Edge and Microsoft Office programs
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
Working Conditions/Physical/Mental Abilities and Processes:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Work requires long periods of sitting, turning, twisting, reaching, speaking, hearing, seeing and ability to articulate clearly, use of hands to finger, reaching with hands and arms.
Ability to work productively in a small office space used by multiple employees.
Ability to work with personal computer for long periods of time.
Travel to and from clinic or meeting sites within geographic service area.
Ability to write notes, track and graph records and reports
Duties are performed primarily in an office setting
East Valley offers competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package that will enrich your Personal, Financial, Career, Health, and Community Well-being. Our benefits package offered to eligible employees include medical, vision, dental, life insurance, 403b plan, and paid time off (holiday, birthday, vacation, and sick leave).
Note: This description indicates in general terms the type and level of work performed and responsibilities held by the employee(s). Duties described are not to be interpreted as being all-inclusive.
Principals only. Recruiters, please do not contact this job posting.
EOE is the Law. It is the stated policy of EVCHC to conform to all the laws, statutes, and regulations concerning equal employment opportunities and affirmative action. We strongly encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply to all of our job openings. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, age, disability status, Genetic Information & Testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We prohibit Retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer or the government, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint or otherwise oppose discrimination.