Clinic Manager (West Covina)
East Valley Community Health Center is a private, non-profit corporation. We are currently looking for a full-time (40 hours per workweek) Clinic Manager to join our West Covina Health Center.
The Clinic Manager will be responsible for managing the operations and processes of a high volume clinic in our West Covina Health Center; while, ensuring staff members are delivering on our mission statement to anyone seeking services from East Valley. The position will staff, develop, and train staff members through excellent leadership, organizational, and communication skills.
Position Responsibilities and Functions:
- Directly manages the operations of the Villacorta and Covina outpatient medical clinic as specified.
- Works collaboratively with the Chief Operating Officer and other members of the Management Team to maximize utilization of available resources.
- Ensures the efficient provision of quality healthcare services. Provides feedback regarding QI issues/problems. Implements corrective measures as required.
- Ensures compliance with all contract operating guidelines, managed care administrative regulations, Title 22 and Health Facilities Regulations.
- Serves as liaison with program monitors, facilitates site visits and program audits.
- Responsible for the efficiency of the patient flow.
- Responsible for maintaining staffing patterns that compliment and enhance the clinic operating systems.
- Responsible for the recruitment, orientation and training of new staff.
- Implements required trainings and in-services for support and ancillary staff.
- Responsible for customer service and patient satisfaction activities.
- Implements new clinic systems and processes as necessary. Monitors their effectiveness.
- Participates and assists with implementation of new initiatives.
- Assist the Chief Operating Officer in the implementation of clinic policies and procedures.
- Oversees the maintenance of adequate supply inventories.
- Performs staff evaluations as required by HR Policies and Procedures.
- Responsible for implementing corrective action plans as stated in the HR Policies.
- Responsible for preparing periodic progress reports.
- Participates in meetings as assigned by the Chief Operating Officer.
Position Requirements and Qualification:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or the equivalent experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in clinic operations and patient flow.
- Knowledge of managed care systems.
- Ability to manage government contracts, familiar with the Medi-Cal system.
- Able to develop and implement protocols and procedures.
- Ability to supervise and provide training.
- Ability to work within a management team.
- Highly organized.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Working Conditions/Physical/Mental Abilities and Processes :
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- Work requires periods of standing, sitting, lifting, turning, twisting, walking, pushing, pulling, reaching, speaking, hearing, seeing and ability to articulate clearly, use of hands to finger, reaching with hands and arms.
- Ability to stand, sit, stoop, kneel, and bend in order to speak to patients.
- Ability to write notes, treatment plan comments, track records and reports.
- Ability to work productively in a small office space used by multiple employees.
- Ability to respond appropriately to staff and patients with regard to their medical needs; must communicate patient complaints to providers and issue final instruction and patient education as directed by the medical provider.
East Valley offers competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package that will enrich your Personal, Financial, Career, Health, and Community Well-being. Our benefits package offered to eligible employees include medical, vision, dental, life insurance, 403b plan, and paid time off (holiday, birthday, vacation, and sick leave)
How to Apply:
Please send an updated resume and hourly pay rate expectations to email@example.com
Principals only. Recruiters, please do not contact this job posting.
EOE is the Law. It is the stated policy of EVCHC to conform to all the laws, statutes, and regulations concerning equal employment opportunities and affirmative action. We strongly encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply to all of our job openings. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, age, disability status, Genetic Information & Testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We prohibit Retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer or the government, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint or otherwise oppose discrimination.