Customer Service Lead
East Valley Community Health Center is a private, non-profit corporation. We are currently looking for a full-time (40 hours per workweek) Customer Service Lead to join our Pomona Health Center. Must be bilingual, Fluent in Spanish and English.
This position provides customer service support to incoming calls from patients, potential patients, and/or employees. This position is a lead position that will oversee the customer service representative team to provide excellent customer service to all patients and employees. It is expected that this position maintain quality customer service support service to callers with professionalism and respect. This position will answer calls, route callers to the appropriate department and/or personnel, and schedule and confirm interviews.
Responsibilities and Functions:
- Greet patients and other clinic visitors with respect and consideration.
- Answer all incoming telephone calls and route them to the appropriate department and/or personnel.
- Direct, train, and oversee the customer service representative team on daily performance and providing excellent customer service to patients and employees.
- Supervise the customer service representative team and lead by example when providing customer service and is aligned with EVCHC’s mission and core values.
- Assist in identifying the reason for calls and respond accordingly.
- Schedule, reschedule, confirm, or cancel appointments by phone and in person.
- Confirm returning patient demographics.
- Record and relay messages to appropriate personnel.
- Distribute incoming mail.
- Prepare outgoing mail for pick-up.
- Cashier responsibilities for all patients.
- Other job duties as assigned
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Professional office appearance is required.
- Prior HealthCare experience a must
- Minimum 2 years of Customer Service experience
- Excellent customer service skills including good phone manners to care for patients and guests on a continual basis.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred but not required.
- Good language and communication skills.
- Patient relations and interpersonal skills required
Working Conditions/Physical/Mental Abilities and Processes :
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- Work requires periods of standing, sitting, lifting, turning, twisting, walking, pushing, pulling, reaching, speaking, hearing, seeing and ability to articulate clearly, use of hands to finger, reaching with hands and arms.
- Ability to stand, sit, stoop, kneel, and bend in order to speak to patients.
- Ability to write notes, treatment plan comments, track records and reports.
- Ability to work productively in a small office space used by multiple employees.
- Ability to respond appropriately to staff and patients with regard to their medical needs; must communicate patient complaints to providers and issue final instruction and patient education as directed by the medical provider.
East Valley offers competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package that will enrich your Personal, Financial, Career, Health, and Community Well-being. Our benefits package offered to eligible employees include medical, vision, dental, life insurance, 403b plan, and paid time off (holiday, birthday, vacation, and sick leave)
How to Apply:
Please send an updated resume and hourly pay rate expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org
Principals only. Recruiters, please do not contact this job posting.
EOE is the Law. It is the stated policy of EVCHC to conform to all the laws, statutes, and regulations concerning equal employment opportunities and affirmative action. We strongly encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply to all of our job openings. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, age, disability status, Genetic Information & Testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We prohibit Retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer or the government, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint or otherwise oppose discrimination.