Customer Service Representative - Reception
East Valley is a private, non-profit corporation. We are currently looking for an organized and team-oriented Customer Service Representative - Reception to join our team at our Villacorta School-Based Health Center.The position will be full-time expected to work 40 hours a week including some evenings and Saturdays. Must be bilingual in English and Spanish with excellent language and communication skills.
This position is expected to greet and welcome patients and visitors with courtesy and respect. Front Desk Receptionists assists patients and enrolls them in various health access programs depending on eligibility.
Major Positions Responsibilities and Functions:
- Welcomes patients and other clinic visitors with a smile
- Addresses all patients and visitors promptly and courteously
- Demonstrates dignity with kindness and compassion to all patients, visitors and staff
- Provides exceptional customer service on a continual basis to enhance the patient/staff experience
- Maintains a well groomed neat appearance
- Consistently arrive at work on time
- Assists with checking patient eligibility
- Assists patients in enrolling in various health access programs depending upon qualifications
- Confirms patient demographical and insurance information in East Valley’s electronic management system.
- Electronically advises back office staff that patient is ready to be roomed
- Prints receipts for payments received and submits billing information electronically to EVCHC’s Billing department
- Obtains required information from patients. I.E. photo I.D., insurance card, Medi-cal, Medicare, and/or Social Security card
- Scans required information into the patient’s electronic medical chart
- Assists patients with filling out forms
- Confirms appointments as directed
- Follows up on appointment “no shows” as directed
- Provides a safe, comfortable environment for patients, families, and other staff members
- Other job duties as assigned
Position Requirements and Qualifications:
- Excellent customer service skills including good phone manners to care for patients and guests on a continual basis.
- Must have basic computer skills to include, keyboarding and basic Windows and accurate data entry.
- Must be bilingual in English and Spanish with excellent language and communication skills.
- Exceptional patient relations and interpersonal skills required.
Working Conditions/Physical/Mental Abilities and Processes:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- Work requires long periods of sitting, reaching, speaking, hearing, seeing and ability to articulate clearly, use of hands to finger, reaching with hands and arms.
- Ability to work efficiently in a busy front office.
- Ability to work productively in a small office space used by multiple employees.
- Ability to relate well with patients and exercise good customer service skills on the phone and in person.
- Ability to work with personal computer for long periods of time.
- Travel to and from clinic or meeting sites within geographic service area.
East Valley offers competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package that will enrich your Personal, Financial, Career, Health, and Community Well-being. Our benefits package offered to eligible employees include medical, vision, dental, life insurance, 403b plan, and paid time off (holiday, birthday, vacation, and sick leave).
How to Apply
Please email an updated resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Principals only. Recruiters, please do not contact this job posting.
EOE is the Law. It is the stated policy of EVCHC to conform to all the laws, statutes, and regulations concerning equal employment opportunities and affirmative action. We strongly encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply to all of our job openings. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, age, disability status, Genetic Information & Testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We prohibit Retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer or the government, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint or otherwise oppose discrimination.