Customer Service Rep - Reception (West Covina)
East Valley is a private, non-profit corporation. We are currently looking for an organized and team-oriented Customer Service Rep-Reception to join our team at our West Covina Health Center. The position will be full-time expected to work 40 hours a week including some evenings and Saturdays. Must be bilingual in English and Spanish with excellent language and communication skills.
The purpose of the Customer Service Representative is to assist patients in the enrollment into health care coverage. Customer Service Representative assists patients and enrolls them in various health access programs depending on eligibility. Assist patients with enrolling into Health Care benefits - answer patient's questions regarding the status of their enrollment, track applicant's entire application process, ensure all required documents are received from patients.
Position Responsibilites and Functions:
- Welcomes patients and other clinic visitors with a smile
- Addresses all patients and visitors promptly and courteously
- Conduct phone follow-up and tracking of patients who potentially qualify for enrollment into health care coverage.
- Assist EVCHC patients with enrolling in health care coverage through web-based enrollment portals.
- Demonstrates dignity with kindness and compassion to all patients, visitors and staff
- Assists with checking patient eligibility
- Assists patients in enrolling in various health access programs depending upon qualifications
- Confirms patient demographical and insurance information in East Valley’s electronic management system.
- Prints receipts for payments received and submits billing information electronically to EVCHC’s Billing department
- Obtains required information from patients. I.E. photo I.D., insurance card, Medi-cal, Medicare, and/or Social Security card
- Scans required information into the patient’s electronic medical chart
- Assists patients with filling out forms
- Confirms appointments as directed
- Follows up on appointment “no shows” as directed
- Provides a safe, comfortable environment for patients, families, and other staff members
- Other job duties as assigned
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Certified Enrollment Counselor Preferred
- Certified Application Assister Preferred
- “We got you covered” CORE Training Certification preferred
- Must be bilingual in English and Spanish with excellent language and communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills including good phone manners to care for patients and guests on a continual basis.
- Must have basic computer skills to include, keyboarding and basic Windows and accurate data entry.
- Exceptional patient relations and interpersonal skills required.
Working Conditions/Physical/Mental Abilities and Processes:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- Work requires long periods of sitting, reaching, speaking, hearing, seeing and ability to articulate clearly, use of hands to finger, reaching with hands and arms.
- Ability to work efficiently in a busy front office.
- Ability to work productively in a small office space used by multiple employees.
- Ability to relate well with patients and exercise good customer service skills on the phone and in person.
- Ability to work with personal computer for long periods of time.
- Travel to and from clinic or meeting sites within geographic service area.
East Valley offers competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package that will enrich your Personal, Financial, Career, Health, and Community Well-being. Our benefits package offered to eligible employees include medical, vision, dental, life insurance, 403b plan, and paid time off (holiday, birthday, vacation, and sick leave)
How to Apply:
Please send an updated resume and hourly pay expectations to email@example.com
Principals only. Recruiters, please do not contact this job posting.
EOE is the Law. It is the stated policy of EVCHC to conform to all the laws, statutes, and regulations concerning equal employment opportunities and affirmative action. We strongly encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply to all of our job openings. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, age, disability status, Genetic Information & Testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We prohibit Retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer or the government, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint or otherwise oppose discrimination.