Family Medicine Physician
We are currently looking for a Family Medicine Physician (MD or DO) to join our growing clinic. GYN experience a plus. Qualified candidates must possess a valid license to practice in CA, DEA and Board certification. Bilingual in English and Spanish is a plus, but not required.
The Family Medicine Physician will provide primary care treatment to patients through a number of duties that include, but are not limited to, examining patients, identifying health concerns, recoding medical history, prescribing medication, and/or referring patients to on-site or off-site resources. The position will provide clinical supervision to Nurse Practitioners, Physician Assistants, and other medical staff members.
Major Position Responsibilities and Functions:
- Provides primary care treatment in accordance to standard medical practice protocols.
- Records medical history and provides physical examinations and follow-up care.
- Provides individual patient instruction in accordance to prescribed treatment plan.
- Prescribes appropriate medication to patients as needed according to medical protocols and standard medical practice.
- Identifies physical, nutritional and/or lifestyle problems and refers to appropriate on-site and off-site resources.
- Identifies psychosocial and emotional problems/issues and refers to on-site or off-site resources.
- Consults with Chief Medical Officer or specialty physicians for patient evaluations as needed.
- Adheres to Quality Improvement guidelines and participates in Quality Improvement programs for chronic diseases.
- Works closely with Registered Dieticians/Health Educators in order to provide appropriate education to the patients.
- Participates in monthly Provider meetings and bi-monthly QI Meetings as required by Chief Medical Officer.
- May serve as a preceptor instructor to Nurse Practitioner, Physician Assistant, or medical students as assigned.
- Attends conferences and seminars when requested and complies with continuing education requirements.
- Provides trainings to Nurse Practitioners, Physicians Assistants and other clinic staff, on periodic basis.
- Participates in provider recruitment activities.
Position Requirements and Qualifications:
- Must possess a valid license to practice in California, DEA, and Board Certification.
- Satisfactory completion of an accredited training program.
- Ability to work well with all levels of the healthcare team.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Must relate well to all cultural and ethnic groups in the community.
Working Conditions/Physical/Mental Abilities and Processes :
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- Work requires periods of standing, sitting, lifting, turning, twisting, walking, pushing, pulling, reaching, speaking, hearing, seeing and ability to articulate clearly, use of hands to finger, reaching with hands and arms.
- Ability to stand, sit, stoop, kneel, and bend in order to speak to patients.
- Ability to work productively in a small office space used by multiple employees.
- Ability to respond appropriately to staff and patients with regard to their medical needs; must communicate patient complaints to providers and issue final instruction and patient education as directed by the medical provider.
We offer excellent benefits, with a salary range based on experience. East Valley also offers 3 weeks Paid Time Off, with 1 week CME + CME stipend. Health benefits include medical, vision, dental coverage, with life and long-term disability insurance. We also offer a flexible schedule to meet family needs.
How to Apply:
Please email your cover letter with salary requirements and resume firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls please. Principals only. Recruiters, please do not contact this job posting.
EOE is the Law. It is the stated policy of EVCHC to conform to all the laws, statutes, and regulations concerning equal employment opportunities and affirmative action. We strongly encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply to all of our job openings. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, age, disability status, Genetic Information & Testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We prohibit Retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer or the government, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint or otherwise oppose discrimination.