Family Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant
We are currently seeking a board-certified, mission-driven Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant with the desire to work with a diverse, multi-cultural community due to growth and expansion needs. Highlights of this permanent, full-time or part-time position include:
- Some evening hours and rotating weekends
- Outpatient setting in an independent community health center
- Multi-specialty group
- Clinic uses full EHR (electronic health records) system
- Patient volume is 22-25 per day
- Competitive salary is negotiable and commensurate upon experience and skill set
- Loan repayment available through the National Health Service Corps.
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and 403(b) retirement plan
- Earn Paid Time-Off, CME, and Paid Holidays
- Ability to speak Spanish is a plus but not required
The Family Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant provides primary care medical services in accordance to standard medical practice protocols. The position is key player in delivering excellent and extensive care to patients.
Major Position Responsibilities and Functions:
- Under the supervision of the Physician the Family Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant will:
- Record the medical history and provide physical exams and follow-up care according to treatment plan and medical protocols.
- Provide individual patient instruction in accordance to prescribed treatment plan and medical protocols.
- Prescribe appropriate medications to patients as needed according to medical protocols and standard medical practice.
- Accurately complete all necessary charting according to clinic protocols and mandated by funding source guidelines and standard medical practice.
- Identify physical and dietary problems and refer to appropriate on-site and off-site resources.
- Consult with supervising physician for patient evaluation as needed
- Participate in monthly team meetings as required.
- Attend conferences and seminars when requested and will comply with continuing education requirements
- Participate in Quality Assurance and Utilization Reviews.
Position Requirements and Qualifications:
- Satisfactory completion of an accredited training program and current certification/license from the State of California as a Family Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant
- Must relate well to all cultural and ethnic groups in the community.
Working Conditions/Physical/Mental Abilities and Processes :
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- Work requires periods of standing, sitting, lifting, turning, twisting, walking, pushing, pulling, reaching, speaking, hearing, seeing and ability to articulate clearly, use of hands to finger, reaching with hands and arms.
- Ability to stand, sit, stoop, kneel, and bend in order to speak to patients.
- Ability to write notes, treatment plan comments, track records and reports.
- Ability to work productively in a small office space used by multiple employees.
- Ability to respond appropriately to staff and patients with regard to their medical needs; must communicate patient complaints to providers and issue final instruction and patient education as directed by the medical provider.
East Valley offers competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package that will enrich your Personal, Financial, Career, Health, and Community Well-being. Our benefits package offered to eligible employees include medical, vision, dental, life insurance, 403b plan, and paid time off (holiday, birthday, vacation, and sick leave).
How to Apply:
Please send in resumes to email@example.com.
Principals only. Recruiters, please do not contact this job posting.
EOE is the Law. It is the stated policy of EVCHC to conform to all the laws, statutes, and regulations concerning equal employment opportunities and affirmative action. We strongly encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply to all of our job openings. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, age, disability status, Genetic Information & Testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We prohibit Retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer or the government, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint or otherwise oppose discrimination.