HIV RN Case Manager / Medical Care Manager
We are currently seeking a compassionate and team oriented, Full-time HIV RN Case Manager to work within a team setting to do intakes, assessments, care planning, interventions, education, linkage and referrals to HIV positive clients. Bilingual in English and Spanish is required.
To assist HIV positive clients in becoming more educated and aware of how to care for their HIV disease while working with these clients to decrease risk behaviors that may lead to the spread of their HIV disease. This position assists with identifying a target population that may benefit from this service and providing interventions, education, linkage and referral for HIV positive clients.
- Act as a team lead in coordinating MCC activities for staff and client care.
- In reach to high-risk HIV clients according to a defined MCC target population to promote the availability and access to HIV medical services and medications.
- Intake and track all assigned and eligible patients into MCC services.
- Conduct client assessments and reassessments with focus on medical issues, medical history and medications, in conjunction with MCC patient care manager.
- Develop, monitor and modify client care plans based on information obtained during the client assessment. Assist clients with needed referral linkage and education to achieve care plan goals.
- Provide patient counseling and intervention sessions, which include specified education programs that focus on adherence to medical appointments and mediations, reducing viral load and risk behaviors, and other appropriate topics, with the goal of improving client medical care.
- Document all contacts with client in progress notes as specified in MCC guidelines. Track and enter all client contacts and referrals made and referral outcomes.
- Monitor and update all client paperwork (eg assessments, ICP, case conference) according to defined due dates and treatment intervals, including making sure eligibility and insurance information are current and valid. Correct and implement changes as indicated by annual chart reviews.
- Participate in regular case conference meetings to present client issues and coordinate with entire HIV team on client care and implement needed actions on behalf of client.
- Consult with HIV physician/physicians assistant for clinical guidance on all active MCC clients. Document and apply guidance given on each active client.
- In conjunction with HIV Services Manager, assist in tracking results of defined MCC outcome measures. Participate in QI meetings and presentations and other QI required activities.
- Follow and understand HIPPA guidelines in relation to client care and confidentiality.
- Assure compliance with DHSP Policy and Procedure standards as it relates to Nurse Case Management/MCC services.
- Assist in the oversight of HIV medical assistants and their assignments.
- Track quarterly client data and complete reports as required. Oversee completion of overall missing and unknown data collection and assignment as required for completion of annual RDR.
- Collect and report statistical information and complete monthly narrative description on medical MCC for DHSP. Oversee random client chart audit assignments and HIV audit log completion by medical assistants.
- Participate in required trainings, conferences, and meetings as specified by DHSP contracts. Comply with continuing education requirements.
- Oversee programs with a medical focus such as PAPs, TB program, Quantiferon implementation and other medical programs as required by county health services.
- Provide trainings to clinic staff, on periodic basis. Assist in recruitment, hiring and evaluation of medical staff.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Current license in the State of California as a Registered Nurse.
- Must be bilingual in English and Spanish.
- At least one year of professional service related to a specialized program area preferred.
- Must relate well to all cultural and ethnic groups in the community.
Working Conditions/Physical/Mental Abilities and Processes:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions .
- Work requires long periods of sitting, turning, twisting, reaching, speaking, hearing, seeing and ability to articulate clearly, use of hands to finger, reaching with hands and arms.
- Ability to work efficiently in a busy office.
- Ability to work productively in a small office space used by multiple employees.
- Ability to relate well with patients and exercise good customer service skills on the phone and in person.
- Travel to and from clinic or meeting sites within geographic service area.
East Valley offers competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package that will enrich your Personal, Financial, Career, Health, and Community Well-being. Our benefits package offered to eligible employees include medical, vision, dental, life insurance, 403b plan, and paid time off (holiday, birthday, vacation, and sick leave).
How to Apply:
Email resumes and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: This description indicates in general terms the type and level of work performed and responsibilities held by the employee(s). Duties described are not to be interpreted as being all-inclusive.
Principals only. Recruiters, please do not contact this job posting.
EOE is the Law. It is the stated policy of EVCHC to conform to all the laws, statutes, and regulations concerning equal employment opportunities and affirmative action. We strongly encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply to all of our job openings. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, age, disability status, Genetic Information & Testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We prohibit Retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer or the government, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint or otherwise oppose discrimination.