East Valley Community Health Center has exciting and rewarding opportunities for a part-time (28 hrs) Housekeeper at our Pomona clinic. This individual must share our Core Values and possess the ability to bring our Mission to life.
The Housekeeper will be responsible for performing a variety of general cleaning tasks to maintain patient rooms, offices, hallways and public areas (inside and out) to ensure environmental safety, cleanliness, and functionality.
Responsibilities and Functions:
- Continued restroom cleaning and stocking of toiletries
- Cleaning of lab areas, windows and sliding doors
- Damp mopping of heavy use areas and spills
- Wash walls, doors, cabinets so they are free of fingerprints, smudges, etc.
- Responsible for empting trash and keeping trash enclosure picked up as well as keeping surrounding areas free of debris
- Sweeping of walkways
- Work closely with purchasing department in ordering and stocking of toiletries
- Communicate effectively and tactfully with employees recognizing their needs
- Understand and follow "Universal Precautions" as it pertains to required use
- Understand chemical(s) used under the "Right to Know" standard
- Perform all duties in a manner that demonstrates safety, respect, care and concern for patients/clients and staff
- Maintain a healthy, clean, safe environment for the staff and patients
- Attend department meetings and all required in-services
- Perform other duties as assigned
Requirements and Qualifications:
- A minimum of 6 months of housekeeping experience
- Ability to exhibit time management skills and follow-through
- Proficient in English. Bilingual English/Spanish is a plus
Working Conditions/Physical Mental Abilities and Processes
- Must be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
- Must be able to reach, bend, stoop frequently, and lift up to 40 pounds.
- Ability to communicate, in a positive manner, with all levels of staff.
Email resumes and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Principals only. Recruiters, please do not contact this job posting.
EOE is the Law. It is the stated policy of EVCHC to conform to all the laws, statutes, and regulations concerning equal employment opportunities and affirmative action. We strongly encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply to all of our job openings. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, age, disability status, Genetic Information & Testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We prohibit Retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer or the government, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint or otherwise oppose discrimination.