Licensed Clinical Social Worker
We are currently looking for organized and team-oriented Licensed Clinical Social Worker. The position is part-time 14 hours per workweek at our West Covina Health Clinic.
The Licensed Social Worker serves as a member of the behavioral health program team and is responsible for consultation and liaison services with the various providers and clinics of East Valley Community Health Center, educating staff and consumers about therapy and mental illness, case management, clinical supervision of unlicensed professionals and trainees (if licensed and eligible to supervise), improvement of the Behavioral Health Service program, and facilitation of a collaborative relationship between medical and mental health staff.
Responsibilities and Functions:
- Provide consultation services: Brief assessment, crisis intervention, case management and referrals, coping skills training, psycho-education, and support of medical treatment regimen.
- Provide liaison services: Formal and informal education of providers and East Valley staff of mental health services, psychological disorders, and empirically validated treatments.
- Maintain a caseload of 30 ongoing therapy patients, operating primarily from a brief therapy model. These patients are in addition to consultation services.
- Provide weekly individual and/or group clinical supervision for 2 trainees/interns meeting supervisory requirements as outlined by the BBS. The number of supervisees may increase but is negotiable depending on work demands. This applies to LCSW’s who have completed their continuing education requirements for supervision. Those unable to supervise are expected to complete the processes necessary to become a clinical supervisor.
- Develop a collaborative relationship with care providers by asking questions about patient’s condition/treatment and offering immediate feedback on referred patients.
- Attend team meetings/case conferences/trainings with the primary providers and/or other behavioral health staff.
- Complete documentation according to standard in a 24 hour period and participate in monthly quality assurance documentation reviews.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- A Master’s degree in Social Work and current valid license as a clinical social worker issued by the California Board of Behavioral Science Examiners.
- Two years social work experience in a psychiatric social work setting.
- Must have performed clinical supervision for at least two years.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) and bi-cultural preferred, but not required.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Computer literacy in word processing and spreadsheet programs.
Working Conditions/Physical/Mental Abilities and Processes:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- Work requires periods of standing, sitting, lifting, turning, twisting, walking, pushing, pulling, reaching, speaking, hearing, seeing and ability to articulate clearly, use of hands to finger, reaching with hands and arms.
- Ability to stand, sit, stoop, kneel, and bend in order to speak to patients.
- Ability to write notes, treatment plan comments, track records and reports.
- Ability to work productively in a small office space used by multiple employees.
- Ability to respond appropriately to staff and patients with regard to their medical needs; must communicate patient complaints to providers and issue final instruction and patient education as directed by the medical provider.
Email resumes and salary requirements to email@example.com.
No phone calls please. Principals only. Recruiters, please do not contact this job posting.
Principals only. Recruiters, please do not contact this job posting.
EOE is the Law. It is the stated policy of EVCHC to conform to all the laws, statutes, and regulations concerning equal employment opportunities and affirmative action. We strongly encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply to all of our job openings. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, age, disability status, Genetic Information & Testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We prohibit Retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer or the government, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint or otherwise oppose discrimination.