Licensed Vocational Nurse
We are currently looking for an organized and team-oriented LVN to join our team at our five Community Health Center locations.The position will be full-time,40 hours per week, including some evenings and Saturdays. Must be bilingual in Spanish and English.
Under the direct supervision of the Nursing Supervisor and in consultation with the Medical Director, the Licensed Vocational Nurse provides professional standard outpatient nursing services. He/she provides backup for the Registered Nurse and Medical Assistants as deemed necessary by the Supervising Nurse.
Major Position Responsibilities and Functions:
- Performs nursing duties for assigned care team(s) to include wound care; immunizations; referrals to other providers and community health resources; and health instruction to patients.
- Performs medication reconciliation and administers medication and treatment as prescribed through written Provider orders.
- Maintains up-to-date Emergency Kits and Oxygen tanks.
- Completes forms in compliance with health plan standards.
- Performs all duties in support of successful EHR and patient portal management.
- Contacts patients to schedule appointments, as needed.
- Participates in care team meetings and other meetings as assigned.
- Performs all duties and services in full compliance with EVCHC’s service delivery standards.
- Performs other related duties as may be assigned.
Position Requirements and Qualifications:
- Current, valid California Licensed Vocational Nurse
- Valid Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation Card (CPR) BLS
- Minimum 1 year experience as LVN, in an outpatient clinic preferred
- Ability to work well with patients.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish and bicultural.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
Working Conditions/Physical/Mental Abilities and Processes :
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- Work requires periods of standing, sitting, lifting, turning, twisting, walking, pushing, pulling, reaching, speaking, hearing, seeing and ability to articulate clearly, use of hands to finger, reaching with hands and arms.
- Ability to stand, sit, stoop, kneel, and bend in order to speak to patients.
- Ability to write notes, treatment plan comments, track records and reports.
- Ability to work productively in a small office space used by multiple employees.
- Ability to respond appropriately to staff and patients with regard to their medical needs; must communicate patient complaints to providers and issue final instruction and patient education as directed by the medical provider.
East Valley offers competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package that will enrich your Personal, Financial, Career, Health, and Community Well-being. Our benefits package offered to eligible employees include medical, vision, dental, life insurance, 403b plan, and paid time off (holiday, birthday, vacation, and sick leave)
How to Apply:
Please send an updated resume with salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Principals only. Recruiters, please do not contact this job posting.
EOE is the Law. It is the stated policy of EVCHC to conform to all the laws, statutes, and regulations concerning equal employment opportunities and affirmative action. We strongly encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply to all of our job openings. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, age, disability status, Genetic Information & Testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We prohibit Retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer or the government, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint or otherwise oppose discrimination.