We are currently looking for an organized and team-oriented Medical Assistant to join our team at our Palomares Health Center. The position is part-time (20 hours/workweek) Monday-Friday 1:00 pm- 5:00 pm. Must be Bilingual in Spanish and English . Please carefully read the Requirements and Qualifications below.
Assist in the operation of the medical services during assigned clinic sessions. The Medical Assistant will work directly in recording vital signs when interacting with patients, compiling patients; medical histories and administering medications under direction of a supervising physician.
Major Responsibilities and Functions:
- Responsible for patient’s vitals including blood pressure, weight, height, temperature, pulse and history of present illness.
- Documents chief complaints as stated by patient.
- Provides immunizations, draws blood, perform hematocrit and other basic test when requested by clinicians.
- Administers injections as indicated by provider.
- Reviews immunization record.
- Responsible for maintaining a steady patient flow for the clinicians.
- Performs vision and hearing test for patients as needed.
- Responsible for keeping exam rooms clean and well stocked with necessary medical supplies.
- Responsible for maintaining program logs, as assigned by Supervisor and/or Clinic Manager
- Reviews all forms to insure that charts are completed after each patient visit.
- Reviews encounter form for completeness
- Responsible for providing final instruction and patient education as directed by medical provider.
Position Requirements and Qualifications:
- Medical Assistant Certificate and CPR card
- Ability to work well with patients.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish and Bi-cultural .
Working Conditions/Physical/Mental Abilities and Processes:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- Work requires periods of standing, sitting, lifting, turning, twisting, walking, pushing, pulling, reaching, speaking, hearing, seeing and ability to articulate clearly, use of hands to finger, reaching with hands and arms.
- Ability to stand, sit, stoop, kneel, and bend in order to speak to patients.
- Ability to write notes, treatment plan comments, track records and reports.
- Ability to work productively in a small office space used by multiple employees.
- Ability to respond appropriately to staff and patients with regard to their medical needs; must communicate patient complaints to providers and issue final instruction and patient education as directed by the medical provider.
East Valley offers competitive salary and some benefits to part-time.Part-time employees will be
eligible to accrue paid time off, paid holidays, and are eligible to participate in 403b.
How To Apply:
Please email an update resume and cover letters with hourly pay rate expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org
Principals only. Recruiters, please do not contact this job posting.
EOE is the Law. It is the stated policy of EVCHC to conform to all the laws, statutes, and regulations concerning equal employment opportunities and affirmative action. We strongly encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply to all of our job openings. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, age, disability status, Genetic Information & Testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We prohibit Retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer or the government, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint or otherwise oppose discrimination.