East Valley is a private, non-profit corporation. We are currently looking for an organized and team-oriented Medical Assistant to join our team at our Pomona Health Center. The position will be full-time,40 hours per week, including some evenings and Saturdays. Must be bilingual in Spanish and English.
This position is engaged in performing routine administrative and clinical tasks to keep EVCHC’s clinical operations running smoothly. Medical Assistants work closely with medical providers on a daily basis to support the maintenance and delivery of excellent and quality patient care services. The emphasis is on the ongoing interactions of team members to discuss roles, responsibilities, communication and patient hand-off, working together to provide and enhance the care provided to patients.
Major Responsibilities and Functions:
- Responsible for patient’s vitals including blood pressure, weight, height, temperature, pulse and history of present illness.
- Documents chief complaints as stated by patient.
- Provides immunizations, draws blood, perform hematocrit and other basic test when requested by clinicians.
- Administers injections as indicated by provider.
- Reviews immunization record.
- Responsible for maintaining a steady patient flow for the clinicians.
- Performs vision and hearing test for patients as needed.
- Responsible for keeping exam rooms clean and well stocked with necessary medical supplies.
- Responsible for maintaining program logs, as assigned by Supervisor and/or Clinic Manager.
- Reviews all forms to insure that charts are completed after each patient visit.
- Reviews encounter form for completeness
- Responsible for providing final instruction and patient education as directed by medical provider.
- Medical Assistant Certificate and CPR card
- Ability to work well with patients.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish and bicultural.
Working Conditions/Physical/Mental Abilities and Processes:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- Work requires periods of standing, sitting, lifting, turning, twisting, walking, pushing, pulling, reaching, speaking, hearing, seeing and ability to articulate clearly, use of hands to finger, reaching with hands and arms.
- Ability to stand, sit, stoop, kneel, and bend in order to speak to patients.
- Ability to write notes, treatment plan comments, track records and reports.
- Ability to work productively in a small office space used by multiple employees.
- Ability to respond appropriately to staff and patients with regard to their medical needs; must communicate patient complaints to providers and issue final instruction and patient education as directed by the medical provider.
Note: This description indicates in general terms the type and level of work performed and responsibilities held by the employee(s). Duties described are not to be interpreted as being all-inclusive.
East Valley offers competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package that will enrich your Personal, Financial, Career, Health, and Community Well-being. Our benefits package offered to eligible employees include medical, vision, dental, life insurance, 403b plan, and paid time off (holiday, birthday, vacation, and sick leave).
How To Apply:
Email resumes and salary requirements to email@example.com
Principals only. Recruiters, please do not contact this job posting.
EOE is the Law. It is the stated policy of EVCHC to conform to all the laws, statutes, and regulations concerning equal employment opportunities and affirmative action. We strongly encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply to all of our job openings. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, age, disability status, Genetic Information & Testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We prohibit Retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer or the government, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint or otherwise oppose discrimination.