East Valley Community Health Center is a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) serving the East San Gabriel and Pomona valleys for the past 47 years. We are a mission-driven organization providing quality and accessible health care to our communities through our multi-practice facilities and excellent healthcare professionals. Our mission is to provide access to excellent health care while engaging and empowering our patients, employees and partners to improve their well-being and the health of our communities.
The purpose of this position is to identify and connect current and future patients to East Valley’s services and support them in navigating the larger healthcare and social service systems.
Essential Position Functions and Duties:
- Responsible for establishing trusting relationships with patients and their families while identifying, connecting and supporting social determinants of health needs.
- Provide ongoing navigation with patients/families to assure patient satisfaction, evidenced by patient retention.
- Assist individuals and families with enrollment in health care coverage and facilitate “My Benefits” education sessions to ensure patients are knowledge regarding their health plan benefits.
- Ensure continuity of health care coverage, through ongoing tracking of patient redetermination. Following-up with patients via phone calls, home visits and other necessary means.
- Identify potential new patients through targeted outreach efforts within San Gabriel and Pomona Valley areas.
- Exhibit excellent working relations with community members, patients, visitors and team members.
- Other duties as required by supervisor.
Skills and Qualifications:
Experience: 1-2 years community outreach
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Experience and/or ability to effectively use web-based portal systems, social media, etc.
- Must know basic Excel, and be proficient in Microsoft Word.
- Be knowledgeable about health care coverage systems such as Medi-Cal, Medicare, Covered California.
- Be knowledgeable about community resources.
- Covered California certified, a plus.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbal and written
- Acts with the patient in mind
- Monitors process, progress, and results
- Ability to anticipate the needs of people across a variety of different situations
Working Conditions/Physical/Mental Abilities and Processes :
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- Work requires periods of standing, sitting, lifting, turning, twisting, walking, pushing, pulling, reaching, speaking, hearing, seeing and ability to articulate clearly, use of hands to finger, reaching with hands and arms.
- Ability to stand, sit, stoop, kneel, and bend in order to speak to patients.
- Ability to write case management notes, track records and reports.
- Ability to work productively in a small office space used by multiple employees.
- Ability to respond appropriately to staff and patients with regard to their needs;
*Disclaimer: This position description indicates in general terms the type and level of work performed and responsibilities held by the employee(s) occupying this position. Duties described are not to be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
East Valley offers competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package that will enrich your Personal, Financial, Career, Health, and Community Well-being. Our benefits package offered to eligible employees include medical, vision, dental, life insurance, 403b plan, and paid time off (holiday, birthday, vacation, and sick leave).
How to Apply:
Please apply to this position with your current resume and cover letter with salary requirements. Applicants who fail to state salary requirements will not be considered for the position. Send resumes and requirements to email@example.com
Principals only. Recruiters, please do not contact this job posting.
EOE is the Law. It is the stated policy of EVCHC to conform to all the laws, statutes, and regulations concerning equal employment opportunities and affirmative action. We strongly encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply to all of our job openings. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, age, disability status, Genetic Information & Testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We prohibit Retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer or the government, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint or otherwise oppose discrimination.