We are currently looking for a Pediatrician to join our growing clinic. Qualified candidates must possess a valid license to practice in CA, DEA and Board certification. Bilingual in English and Spanish is a plus, but not required.
- Provides medical treatment to pediatric patients in accordance to standard medical practice protocols.
- Records medical history and provides physical examinations and follow-up care.
- Provides individual patient instruction in accordance to prescribed treatment plan.
- Prescribes appropriate medication to patients as needed according to medical protocols and standard medical practice.
- Identifies physical, nutritional and/or lifestyle problems and refers to appropriate on-site and off-site resources.
- Identifies psychosocial and emotional problems/issues and refers to on-site or off-site resources.
- Consults with Chief Medical Officer or other specialty physicians for patient evaluations as needed.
- Adheres to Quality Improvement guidelines and participates in Quality Improvement programs for chronic diseases.
- Supervises mid-level practitioners as assigned. Serves as a preceptor instructor to Nurse Practitioner, Physician Assistant, or medical students as assigned.
- Works closely with Registered Dieticians/Health Educators in order to provide appropriate education to the patients.
- Participates in Provider meetings and Quality Improvement Meetings as required.
- Attends conferences and seminars when requested and complies with continuing education requirements.
- Provides trainings to Nurse Practitioners, Physicians Assistants and other clinic staff, on periodic basis.
- Participates in provider recruitment activities.
Position Requirements and Qualifications:
- Must possess a valid license to practice in California, DEA, and Board Certification.
- Satisfactory completion of an accredited training program.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Must relate well to all cultural; ethnic and socio-economic groups within the East Valley service area.
Working Conditions/Physical/Mental Abilities and Processes :
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- Work requires long periods of sitting, reaching, speaking, hearing, seeing and ability to articulate clearly, use of hands to finger, reaching with hands and arms.
- Ability to work efficiently in a busy front office.
- Ability to work productively in a small office space used by multiple employees.
- Ability to relate well with patients and exercise good customer service skills on the phone and in person.
- Ability to work with personal computer for long periods of time.
- Travel to and from clinic or meeting sites within geographic service area.
*Disclaimer: This position description indicates in general terms the type and level of work performed and responsibilities held by the employee(s) occupying this position. Duties described are not to be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
We offer excellent benefits, with a salary range based on experience. East Valley also offers 3 weeks Paid Time Off, with 1 week CME + CME stipend. Health benefits include medical, vision, dental coverage, with life and long-term disability insurance. We also offer a flexible schedule to meet family needs.
How to Apply:
Please email your cover letter with salary requirements and resume to email@example.com
No phone calls please. Principals only. Recruiters, please do not contact this job posting.
EOE is the Law. It is the stated policy of EVCHC to conform to all the laws, statutes, and regulations concerning equal employment opportunities and affirmative action. We strongly encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply to all of our job openings. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, age, disability status, Genetic Information & Testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We prohibit Retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer or the government, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint or otherwise oppose discrimination.