Quality Improvement Analyst
East Valley is a private, non-profit corporation. We are currently looking for an organized and team-oriented QI Analyst to join our team at our Pomona Health Center.The position will be full-time expected to work 40 hours per workweek.
Under the direction of the Quality Improvement (QI) Manager, the QI Analyst is responsible for providing project support, data analytics, reviews and forecasts data trends with appropriate analytical and statistical methodologies and techniques to measure trends, progress and/or change.
Major Position Responsibilities and Functions:
- Under the direct supervision of the QI Manager, the QI Analyst assists in the development, monitoring, and presentation of internal quality measures and initiatives.
- Collects, audits, analyzes, and reports on clinical quality data to support quality projects and initiatives defined by the company’s Quality Improvement Plan (QIP).
- Responsible for development and design of reports alongside the QI Manager for data collection and data extractions as requested and required for QI initiatives/projects.
- Research and prepare clear and concise summary reports, narratives and gap analyses on key topics, as directed.
- Reporting and presenting out data findings to appropriate staff/leadership.
- Provide regular updates of QI initiatives/projects to appropriate stakeholders.
- Sustainment of training on key QI initiatives/projects by timely communication/training.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of EVCHC’s programs including Nutrition, Comprehensive Perinatal Services Program and Diabetes Registry
- Provide support to various departments in data analytics as needed when special issues arise
- Other duties as assigned and attend conferences and training sessions as business requires.
Position Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Healthcare Administration, Business or related field OR high school diploma and minimum 5 years of experience in related field.
- 2 years of relative experience in business or healthcare administration, including working knowledge and outstanding skills in data collection, analysis, and presentation.
- Must demonstrate integrity, sound judgment; demonstrate leadership skills, and strong interpersonal skills. Must be able to approach staff about quality issues with tact and diplomacy.
- Experience working with disadvantaged populations helpful and knowledge of health disparities highly desired.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills needed, strong organizational ability required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point is essential.
- Ability to operate in a high-paced work environment.
- Preferred knowledge of an electronic health record system and a population health management tool.
Working Conditions/Physical/Mental Abilities and Processes :
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- Work requires periods of standing, sitting, lifting, turning, twisting, walking, pushing, pulling, reaching, speaking, hearing, seeing and ability to articulate clearly, use of hands to finger, reaching with hands and arms.
- Ability to stand, sit, stoop, kneel, and bend in order to speak to patients.
- Ability to write notes, treatment plan comments, track records and reports.
- Ability to work productively in a small office space used by multiple employees.
- Ability to respond appropriately to staff and patients with regard to their medical needs; must communicate patient complaints to providers and issue final instruction and patient education as directed by the medical provider.
*Disclaimer: This position description indicates in general terms the type and level of work performed and responsibilities held by the employee(s) occupying this position. Duties described are not to be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
East Valley offers competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package that will enrich your Personal, Financial, Career, Health, and Community Well-being. Our benefits package offered to eligible employees include medical, vision, dental, life insurance, 403b plan, and paid time off (holiday, birthday, vacation, and sick leave)
How to Apply:
Please send an updated resume and hourly pay expectations to email@example.com.
Principals only. Recruiters, please do not contact this job posting.
EOE is the Law. It is the stated policy of EVCHC to conform to all the laws, statutes, and regulations concerning equal employment opportunities and affirmative action. We strongly encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply to all of our job openings. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, age, disability status, Genetic Information & Testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We prohibit Retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer or the government, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint or otherwise oppose discrimination.