Registered Dental Assistant
Under general supervision of the Dental Director, provides a range of clinical, administrative, and staff support to a full-range dental services operation. Assists in the performance of dental and radiography procedures; prepares and maintains dental equipment and supplies in accordance with established protocol and procedures, policies, standards, and assists in the coordination of day-to-day patient administration, records management, and office support activities.
MAJOR POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES AND FUNCTIONS:
- Provides chair-side assistance to dentist in the performance of dental procedures.
- Prepares, sterilizes, and organizes dental supply and dental equipment according to OSHA and Clinic Standards.
- Maintain housekeeping records.
- Sets-up trays for procedures.
- Takes radiographs as directed by dentist (only assistants who have completed courses on radiation safety).
- Develops and processes dental radiographs in accordance with provider orders.
- Assists in the monitoring and maintenance of radiation safety procedures and protocols.
- Orders and maintains inventories of dental clinic supplies.
- Interacts with and processes dental clinic patients.
- Performs telephone triage and conducts patient interviews.
- Maintains dental laboratory slips.
- Creates and maintains dental records in accordance with established protocol and procedures.
- Assists in monthly reporting and quality improvement activities.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned by the Dental Director.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Successful completion of California Board of Dental Examiners-approved radiation safety course
- 1-2 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Current CPR certification
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- Current knowledge of and ability to follow a full range of dental clinical procedures and protocols.
- Knowledge of supplies, equipment, and/or services.
- Knowledge of ordering and inventory control.
- Knowledge of planning and scheduling techniques.
- Ability to work as a team member within a clinical environment.
- Interviewing skills.
- Communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Knowledge of patient evaluation and triage procedures.
- Ability to set up and prepare dental equipment and instrumentation in accordance with established regulation and guidelines.
- Knowledge of Federal, State, and institutional regulations and guidelines for the provision of dental outpatient services.
- Records maintenance skills.
- Ability to operate, maintain, and troubleshoot a wide range of dental equipment in accordance with prescribed procedures and standards.
- Four-handed dental assisting technique.
- Knowledge of sterilization procedures.
- Knowledge of radiation safety procedures, standards, and protocols.
- Ability to develop and process dental radiographs.
Working Conditions/Physical/Mental Abilities and Processes:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- Work requires periods of standing, sitting, lifting, turning, twisting, walking, pushing, pulling, reaching, speaking, hearing, seeing and ability to articulate clearly, use of hands to finger, reaching with hands and arms.
- Ability to stand, sit, stoop, kneel, and bend in order to speak to patients.
- Ability to write notes, treatment plan comments, track records and reports.
- Ability to work productively in a small office space used by multiple employees.
- Ability to respond appropriately to staff and patients with regard to their medical needs; must communicate patient complaints to providers and issue final instruction and patient education as directed by the medical provider.
*Disclaimer: This position description indicates in general terms the type and level of work performed and responsibilities held by the employee(s) occupying this position. Duties described are not to be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
How to Apply:
Please apply to this position with your current resume and cover letter with salary requirements. Applicants who fail to state salary requirements will not be considered for the position. Email these items to email@example.com