Registered Dental Assistant Part-Time
East Valley Community Health Center is a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) serving the East San Gabriel and Pomona valleys for the past 47 years. We are a mission-driven organization providing quality and accessible health care to our communities through our multi-practice facilities and excellent healthcare professionals. Our mission is to provide access to excellent health care while engaging and empowering our patients, employees and partners to improve their well-being and the health of our communities.
East Valley Community Health Center has an exciting and rewarding opportunity for a part-time position for one Registered Dental Assistant at our West Covina Health Center Saturdays only and one at our Pomona Health Center Monday and Saturday only. Must be Bilingual In Spanish and English. Under general supervision of the Dental Director, provides a range of clinical, administrative, and staff support to a full-range dental services operation. Assists in the performance of dental and radiography procedures; prepares and maintains dental equipment and supplies in accordance with established protocol and procedures, policies, standards, and assists in the coordination of day-to-day patient administration, records management, and office support activities.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provides chair-side assistance to dentist in the performance of dental procedures.
- Prepares, sterilizes, and organizes dental supply and dental equipment according to OSHA and Clinic Standards.
- Maintain housekeeping records.
- Sets-up trays for procedures.
- Takes radiographs as directed by dentist (only assistants who have completed courses on radiation safety).
- Develops and processes dental radiographs in accordance with provider orders.
- Assists in the monitoring and maintenance of radiation safety procedures and protocols.
- Orders and maintains inventories of dental clinic supplies.
- Interacts with and processes dental clinic patients.
- Performs telephone triage and conducts patient interviews.
- Maintains dental laboratory slips.
- Creates and maintains dental records in accordance with established protocol and procedures.
- Assists in monthly reporting and quality improvement activities.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned by the Dental Director.
Stills and Qualifications:
Education: High school diploma or equivalent, Bilingual English/Spanish
Experience: 1-2 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Certificate from accredited dental assistant program.
- Successful completion of California Board of Dental Examiners - approved radiation safety course
- Current CPR certification
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Requirements:
- Current knowledge of and ability to follow a full range of dental clinical procedures and protocols.
- Knowledge of supplies, equipment, and/or services.
- Knowledge of ordering and inventory control.
- Knowledge of planning and scheduling techniques.
- Ability to work as a team member within a clinical environment.
- Interviewing skills.
- Communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Knowledge of patient evaluation and triage procedures.
- Ability to set up and prepare dental equipment and instrumentation in accordance with established regulation and guidelines.
- Knowledge of Federal, State, and institutional regulations and guidelines for the provision of dental outpatient services.
- Records maintenance skills.
- Ability to operate, maintain, and troubleshoot a wide range of dental equipment in accordance with prescribed procedures and standards.
- Four-handed dental assisting technique.
- Knowledge of sterilization procedures.
- Knowledge of radiation safety procedures, standards, and protocols.
- Ability to develop and process dental radiographs.
- Availability to work on Saturdays
How to Apply:
Please apply to this position with your current resume and cover letter with salary requirements. Applicants who fail to state salary requirements will not be considered for the position. Email these items to email@example.com
Principals only. Recruiters, please do not contact this job posting.
Please NO Phone Calls. We will be responding to qualified candidates through email.
EOE is the Law. It is the stated policy of EVCHC to conform to all the laws, statutes, and regulations concerning equal employment opportunities and affirmative action. We strongly encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply to all of our job openings. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, age, disability status, Genetic Information & Testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We prohibit Retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer or the government, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint or otherwise oppose discrimination.