Registered Dietitian (West Covina/Pomona)
We are currently looking for organized and team-oriented Registered Dietitian. The position is full-time 40 hours per workweek working between our West Covina Health Center and Pomona Health Center.
This position coordinates all phases of nutrition care including nutrition assessment, care planning, monitoring, education, and counseling of patients in a variety of settings. The Registered Dietitian will be expected to stay abreast of current research on nutrition related health conditions and adjust individual care plans as needed to improve success in addressing nutrition related issues. The emphasis is on the ongoing interactions of team members to discuss roles, responsibilities, communication and patient hand-off, working together to provide and enhance the care provided to patients.
Major Position Responsibilities and Functions:
- Provide Medical Nutrition Therapy for individuals and Group Classes to pediatric, prenatal, and adult patients, including HIV positive individuals.
- Work as part of a multidisciplinary team including physicians, nurses, health educators, and case managers; should be patient-focused, adaptable to emerging projects, and good with children and families.
- Act as a consultant to the Comprehensive Perinatal Services Program (CPSP) for high-risk prenatal patients.
- Identify and provide appropriate referrals, as needed.
- Chart patient progress in medical records.
- Develop written materials.
- Establish and maintain community information resource/referral file.
- Establish linkages with other community organizations.
- Attend CPSP case conference meetings as appropriate.
- Assist in policy/protocol development.
- Approve policy/protocol as needed.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Position Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bilingual (English/Spanish).
- At least one year experience working with prenatal and HIV+ patients.
- Ability to work with multicultural and low-income individuals.
- Outstanding written and verbal skills.
- Ability to translate medical information into simple understandable terms.
- Ability to travel between EVCHC’s multiple site clinics.
Working Conditions/Physical/Mental Abilities and Processes :
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- Work requires periods of standing, sitting, lifting, turning, twisting, walking, pushing, pulling, reaching, speaking, hearing, seeing and ability to articulate clearly, use of hands to finger, reaching with hands and arms.
- Ability to stand, sit, stoop, kneel, and bend in order to speak to patients.
- Ability to write notes, treatment plan comments, track records and reports.
- Ability to work productively in a small office space used by multiple employees.
- Frequent significant decisions to ensure the operations of the agency.
- Ability to communicate, in a positive manner, with all levels of staff.
*Disclaimer: This position description indicates in general terms the type and level of work performed and responsibilities held by the employee(s) occupying this position. Duties described are not to be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
East Valley offers competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package that will enrich your Personal, Financial, Career, Health, and Community Well-being. Our benefits package offered to eligible employees include medical, vision, dental, life insurance, 403b plan, and paid time off (holiday, birthday, vacation, and sick leave)
How to Apply:
Please send an updated resume and hourly pay rate expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org
Principals only. Recruiters, please do not contact this job posting.
EOE is the Law. It is the stated policy of EVCHC to conform to all the laws, statutes, and regulations concerning equal employment opportunities and affirmative action. We strongly encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply to all of our job openings. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, age, disability status, Genetic Information & Testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We prohibit Retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer or the government, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint or otherwise oppose discrimination.