Registered Nurse Case Manager
We are currently looking for an organized and team-oriented, full-time Registered Nurse Case Manager to join our team in our West Covina or Covina Health Center. This individual must share our Core Values and possess the ability to bring our Mission to life. Must be bilingual in English and Spanish.
The Registered Nurse Case Manager’s role is to assess new and current patients’ conditions to develop and implement an individualized patient care plan. They will educate and instruct patients’ of their care plan and evaluate and or update the patient care plan as needed. This position will work with healthcare providers and become a liaison between them and patients’ in coordinating care plans for patients.
Responsibilities and Functions:
- Responsible for providing leadership for the clinical support team.
- Assists providers in communications with their patients and other healthcare providers.
- Implements protocols and systems for Quality Improvement activities.
- Works collaboratively with clinic operations.
- Reviews provider’s incoming communication/tasks.
- Reconciles tasks with RN Scope of Practice and/or delegates as appropriate.
- Makes nursing decisions based on interpretation of data and assessments.
- Assists in effective systems for triaging walk-in patients.
- Serves as a leader of the healthcare team.
- Discusses patient findings and progress toward outcomes with providers and other members of the healthcare team.
- Participates in problem identification and resolution.
- Prioritizes, delegates assignments appropriately and complies with the standard of practice.
- Confronts difficult or conflict situations constructively and seeks appropriate assistance.
- Leads and directs others through change processes.
- Champions new ideas.
- Shares responsibility and authority with subordinates and holds them accountable for performance.
- Acts as a resource and mentor to new employees.
- Demonstrates professional and supportive behavior.
- Practices customer service standards.
- Assures that policies, protocols, safety guidelines and facility requirements are met.
- Supports audit activities.
- Assists in managing performance improvement projects.
- Provide dispensary care according to clinical medical protocols.
- Dispense medications as prescribed by EVCHC providers.
- Provide required information and education regarding medications and drug interactions.
- Accurately complete all required documentation.
- Ensure that updated educational materials and patient instruction sheets are available and included with every prescription.
- As necessary, consult with Medical Director and/or Consulting Pharmacist regarding drug interactions.
- Take part in medical updates and training as appropriate; comply with continuing medical requirements.
- Participate in team meetings as required.
- Assistance with quality improvement activities as required.
- Other assigned duties as directed.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Completion of accredited Registered Nurse training program, and current license as an RN in the State of California.
- Must relate well to all cultural and ethnic groups in the community.
- Able to work with minimal supervision and get along with co-workers.
- Community Health experience preferred.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish.
Working Conditions/Physical/Mental Abilities and Processes:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- Duties are performed primarily in a site/office setting.
- Work requires periods of standing, sitting, lifting, turning, twisting, walking, pushing, pulling, reaching, speaking, hearing, seeing and ability to articulate clearly, use of hands to finger, reaching with hands and arms.
- Ability to stand, sit, stoop, kneel, and bend in order to speak to patients.
- Ability to write notes, treatment plan comments, track records and reports.
- Frequent significant decisions to ensure the operations of the agency.
- Ability to communicate, in a positive manner, with all levels of staff.
East Valley offers competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package that will enrich your Personal, Financial, Career, Health, and Community Well-being. Our benefits package offered to eligible employees include medical, vision, dental, life insurance, 403b plan, and paid time off (holiday, birthday, vacation, and sick leave).
Please email your cover letter with salary requirements and resume to email@example.com.
No phone calls please. Principals only. Recruiters, please do not contact this job posting.
EOE is the Law. It is the stated policy of EVCHC to conform to all the laws, statutes, and regulations concerning equal employment opportunities and affirmative action. We strongly encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply to all of our job openings. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, age, disability status, Genetic Information & Testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We prohibit Retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer or the government, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint or otherwise oppose discrimination.