East Valley Community Health Center Celebrates National Health Center Week with Back to School Festival
August 01, 2016
East Valley Community Health Center is celebrating National Health Center Week during the week of August 7th to 13th. Health centers across the U.S. recognize the week by hosting numerous events that promote health and wellness for their communities. East Valley is actively taking part in this national celebration, which highlights more than 9,000 health centers around the United States providing high-quality and affordable services to millions of people.
This year, East Valley’s celebrations will take place at all of our health centers from 10 AM to 12 PM on the following dates:
- Pomona Center at 1555 S. Garey Ave. in Pomona on Tuesday, August 9th
- Covina Center at 276 W. College St. in Covina on Wednesday, August 10th
- West Covina Center at 420 S. Glendora Ave. in West Covina on Thursday, August 11th
- La Puente school-based center at 17840 Villa Corta St. in La Puente on Friday, August 12th.
The event will feature FREE
- School supply giveaways (to the first 50 kids)
- Backpack and gift card raffles
- Blood pressure and glucose screenings
- Nutritionist sessions
- Dental screenings for kids
- Insurance enrollment
- Children’s immunizations
- Face painting, arts and crafts, AND MORE
Join us in celebrating health centers and the individuals they serve!